Burials & Cemetery
The cemetery at St James Church is managed and maintained by the Parish Council, which includes grass cutting, tree, vegetation and fence maintenance, but Council do not maintain memorials or graves.
Should you wish to reserve a burial plot or discuss any matters relating to burials and/or the maintenance of the burial ground, then please do not hesitate to contact the Parish Clerk.
The Cemetery Regulations which also highlights all costs involved in burials and memorials can be found below.
Once a burial has taken place and a Deed of Grant for the Exclusive Right of Burial purchased, the maintenance of the grave/plot and the headstone/memorial, is the responsibility of the grave owner and not that of the Parish Council. You will not own the land that the grave resides on but will be the custodian for 100 years from the date the the Deed of Grant for the Exclusive Right of Burial commences only.
It is important to note, that should a Deed of Grant for the Exclusive Right of Burial come near to its end date, it will need to be legally transferred to another family name to continue this right. Otherwise the grave will transfer to the Parish Council.
Hallmaster Booking System
- Please click here to book your required service.
Services are priced as follows:
- Purchase of Burial Blot in Cemetery - £250.00
- Purchase of Ashes only Plot in Cemetery - £125.00
- Internment Fee in Cemetery - £125.00
- Internment of Ashes Fee - £50.00
- Memorials Installation Fee - £125.00
- Further Inscriptions - £0.00 No Fee
- Memorial Wall Plaque including Inscription - £120.00